5 Things I Will Not Do for the Sake of My Keto Journey
As part of this whole keto thing, I’ve done some things I never thought I would do, like posting my weight on a YouTube video, filming myself without make-up on and discussing my period at length on a podcast.
Here’s a few things that I draw the line on.
1. Posting pictures of myself on-line in my underwear. It never ceases to amaze me what people will do and how much people will share on-line. But, no, I will not take pictures of myself half-naked in a bathroom and upload them to Instagram. I won’t pull my belly out from under my yoga pants and jiggle it for YouTube either. It’s very brave but I’m not doin’ it!
2. Drink apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is supposed to do a lot of good things for you. It’s supposed to reduce your insulin response to carbohydrates, lower cholesterol, treat heartburn and help control your hunger while fasting. I tried it mixed in water and it was vile. I’ve tried it in salad dressing, also vile. It’s just yucky.
3. Eat cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus. No matter how much butter, cheese, cream or bacon you dump on top of them they still taste like cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus and I just don’t like ‘em!!
4. Jog. Have you ever seen a jogger smiling? It’s also bad for your knees.
5. Give up birthday cake. As said by Amy Berger, “when you’re a long time low carber, one high carb meal or snack won’t ruin everything, in the same way that one lower carb meal or snack doesn’t fix everything when you’ve eaten a conventional high-carb diet your whole life.” I’m going to have the occasional treat and enjoy it!
Where do you draw the line??