10 Things the Low-Carb Experts Agree On
If you’re just starting out, you might be confused because all low-carb and keto experts don’t agree on everything. After a lot of reading and a lot of surfing, here’s ten things, that I’ve found, that they all pretty much agree on:
1. A diet low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and high in fats is the best diet for optimal health.
2. Carbohydrates are not an essential part of your diet.
3. Fat doesn’t make you fat.
4. Saturated fats are not bad for you.
5. Eggs are not bad for you.
6. Sugar is not good for you.
7. Eat fresh, whole foods.
8. Eat when you’re hungry.
9. Eat to satiety.
10. Exercise is not an effective strategy for weight loss (but it is still good for you).
These are the main take-aways from the low-carb community experts. If you can incorporate these concepts into your lifestyle you’ll be healthier and more satisfied with your diet. The Diet Doctor website and The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung are my favourite resources for explaining all the science in easy to understand language.